So you're considering buying an electric bike? Maybe you've never tried an e-bike before and you're just wondering if it's right for you? You're not sure where to go or maybe you're considering buying one online? Which is the best electric system for your needs? And 100's of other questions you'd like to find answers to?
You've probably got a whole list of questions related to buying an electric bike, well we're here to help. Come along and talk to us as we've been working with electric bikes now for over ten years so we've a wealth of e-bike knowledge. Over that period we've built electric bikes and converted several customers bike to electric assist.
Here's some great reasons to come and see us about an electric bike:
Try before you buy:
- We offer the opportunity to try an electric bike before you purchase. We can talk you through the various e-bike systems currently on offer and help you decide which one is best suited to your needs. We offer demo rides from our store in Durham and we also have a small fleet of demo bikes which can be hired for a day or a week so you can try one of the bikes properly before buying.
Full local service and warranty support for peace-of-mind:
- Our workshop is fully equipped with all of the latest diagnostic and software equipment including Bosch, Shimano and Kalkhoff Impulse II/Evo - Our staff have also carried out all of the relevant e-bike specific training so we can offer you a full service and warranty plan with your new electric bike.
Free delivery and assembly of your new electric bike:
- We have our own e-bike delivery van so we can deliver your new electric bike to you fully assembled and tested so it's ready to ride. We currently offer free delivery up to 30 miles from our store in Durham City (DH1 5AU). We can deliver bikes a little further for a fee so if you live a little further away just give us a call to see if we can deliver to your area.
Interest Free finance available on e-bikes:
- We offer finance on most of our electric bikes with terms from 6 to 12 months. We can offer other finance options over 2 or 3 years. You can apply for finance in our Durham store or you can now also do this via our website. Please note that if you apply for finance on the website you will not be able to collect your electric bike from our store, the bike will be delivered to your house.
12 Month part-exchange scheme:
- We offer a part-exchange scheme on any electric bike purchased from us within the last twelve months so if you fancy upgrading we'll offer to take your old e-bike back in part-ex*. The valuation for your bike will depend on the condition and mileage covered. (*This offer only applies to e-bikes purchased from us - the bike must be less than one year old and have covered less than 2000 miles - We only offer the part-ex scheme on crank drive with plug in diagnostics systems including Bosch, Shimano and Kalkhoff Impulse II / Impulse Evo)
Cycle To Work Scheme:
- We can only offer electric bikes through cycle-to-work schemes at the full RRP price of the bike, so we're not able to offer e-bikes on the scheme if they are on special offer or at a reduced price on our website. We deal with most cycle-to-work schemes but we do not offer electric bikes on the Halfords scheme due to the 15% commission that Halfords take from the purchase price before paying us the balance. (They don't tell you that)
So come along and see us or give us a call:
Direct Car Parts & The E Bike Store,
Telephone: 0191 3847803